CultureGrams―World Religion Quiz: Hinduism
Religion plays a major role in shaping the cultures of countries around the world. In CultureGrams’ World Edition and Kids Edition, each country report features a religion section with facts about a country’s major religions. This week, we are highlighting fun facts about Hinduism, the world’s third largest religion with about one billion followers. Many Hindus believe Hinduism is more than just a religion, but is a way of life.
Test your knowledge of Hinduism by answering these religion trivia questions.
Need help? Search Hinduism in the CultureGrams search box.
1) Which country is the birthplace of Hinduism?
2) The word “Hinduism” is derived from what ancient language?
3) True or False: Vishnu is the founder of Hinduism.
4) What animal is considered especially sacred by Hindus?
5) What colorful Hindu festival welcomes the spring season?
6) Which of the below is not a Hindu god?
7) Where do Hindus worship their gods?
8) The statue of what god is said to bring prosperity if placed by the front door of a home?
9) The principle of (___) says that good deeds bring good fortune while bad deeds have negative consequences.
10) True or False: Hindus believe that they will be reincarnated after they die.
Check your answers with the quiz key in the comment section. Let us know how you did by leaving a comment.
Latest posts by Jenni Boyle (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Togo - February 20, 2017
- New Year Traditions Around the World - December 30, 2016
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: São Tomé and Príncipe - November 21, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, September 29th, 2014 at 6:21 pm and is filed under Kids Edition, World Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.