CultureGrams–Regional Quiz: Oceania
Oceania encompasses Australia, the world’s smallest continent, and the Pacific Islands, consisting of some 25,000 islands in more than 20 nations and territories. How much do you know about the region of Oceania? Test your knowledge with these tidbits from CultureGrams:
1. Australia has more of this marsupial than people.
2. The Lord of the Rings films were shot entirely on what island nation?
3. Which country in the South Pacific has the last Polynesian monarchy?
4. Traditional Samoan feasts are prepared in an underground oven called a ____?
5. What is the national flower of Fiji?
6. What mineral is a major export in New Caledonia?
7. True or False: The lava-lava (traditional skirt) is worn by both men and women?
8. What does the term Micronesia mean?
9. Which island nation is the smallest in Oceania?
10. What is the most prominent religion in Oceania?
Check your answers in the comments section.
This entry was posted on Monday, June 9th, 2014 at 2:03 pm and is filed under CultureGrams, Kids Edition, World Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.