CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new U.S. Virgin Islands report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some interesting Did You Knows about the U.S. Virgin Islands:
- The U.S. Virgin Islands is the only location in the United States where people drive on the left side of the road.
- There is an underwater national park in Trunk Bay, off the coast of Saint John. It is one of the best places to snorkel in the Caribbean and is marked by underwater signs.
- Famous impressionist painter Camille Pissarro was born in Saint Thomas.
- The islands of Saint Croix, Saint John, and Saint Thomas each have a nickname. They are known as Twin City (Saint Croix), Love City (Saint John), and Rock City (Saint Thomas).
Read about the Carnival celebration, life as a kid, and traditional foods, all in this colorful new report.
Latest posts by Angie Thompson (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands - February 13, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: New Caledonia - January 9, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: French Polynesia - November 14, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, February 13th, 2017 at 1:43 pm and is filed under All Product Updates, CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.