CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Togo
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Togo report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some interesting Did You Knows about the Togo:
- Togo is believed to have been named after a town on the shore of Lake Togo. The name comes from the Ewe words to (water) and go (shore).
- Most homes in Togo do not have running water, so fetching water is a common daily chore for children.
- Among the Ewe, babies are named after the day of the week they are born but are often given a personal first name as well.
- To show respect, young people kneel when greeting an elder.
Latest posts by Jenni Boyle (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Togo - February 20, 2017
- New Year Traditions Around the World - December 30, 2016
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: São Tomé and Príncipe - November 21, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, February 20th, 2017 at 2:15 pm and is filed under CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.