CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Mauritius
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Mauritius report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some interesting Did You Knows about Mauritius:
- The dodo—a flightless bird native to Mauritius—became extinct in the 17th century. The dodo only existed in Mauritius.
- Mauritius Island is around 8 million years old, which is rather young in geological time.
- Several different types of giant tortoise used to live in Mauritius but have now become extinct.
- Mauritian ships are sometimes attacked by modern-day pirates in the Indian Ocean; Mauritius began holding court trials for pirates in 2013.
Read about Mauritian séga music and explore the fascinating history of Mauritius in this new report.
Latest posts by Gretchen Belnap (see all)
- Passover 2017: Chag Sameach! - April 12, 2017
- CultureGrams: New Interviews for Afghanistan and Comoros! - February 27, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Mauritius - January 16, 2017
This entry was posted on Monday, January 16th, 2017 at 5:00 am and is filed under All Product Updates, CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.