CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Mauritania
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Mauritania report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some fascinating Did You Knows about Mauritania:
- Mauritania is almost 70 percent desert. The desert is actually growing due to frequent droughts (dry periods).
- Mauritania was the last Saharan country to outlaw slavery (in 1981).
- For years, most Mauritanians lived in traditional desert tents. Made from camel hide and lined with colorful fabric, these tents sheltered nomadic families as they traveled from place to place.
- The population of Mauritania is young. The average age is just under 20 years old.
Latest posts by Angie Thompson (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands - February 13, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: New Caledonia - January 9, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: French Polynesia - November 14, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, June 2nd, 2014 at 5:02 pm and is filed under All Product Updates, CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.