CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Kosovo
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Kosovo report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some fascinating Did You Knows about Kosovo:
- Kosovo declared independence from Serbia on 17 February 2008, making it one of the newest countries of the 21st century.
- Cheese byrek is the national food of Kosovo. It is a baked pastry made of thin layers of dough filled with salty cheese, meat, potatoes, and other vegetables.
- Kosovo’s national anthem has no lyrics. The government decided not to include any lyrics so as not to offend any of its ethnic minorities.
- The name Kosovo means “field of blackbirds” in Serbian.
Latest posts by Angie Thompson (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Marshall Islands - March 27, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands - February 13, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: New Caledonia - January 9, 2017
This entry was posted on Monday, June 15th, 2015 at 2:22 pm and is filed under CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.