CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Cyprus
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Cyprus report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some fascinating Did You Knows about Cyprus:
- Legend says that Aphrodite—the Greek goddess of love and beauty—was born in and rose from sea foam at the rock formation known as Petra tou Romiou (Rock of the Greek), located in Pafos. Waves breaking over the rocks make pillars of foam that islanders say look like Aphrodite.
- The traditional Cyprus dessert wine Commandaria dates back thousands of years and is one of the oldest wines still in production.
- Cyprus and Greece share the same national anthem—”Hymn to Freedom.”
- Cyprus is a divided country. A United Nations buffer zone (called the Green Line) separates the Turkish-controlled north from the Greek Cypriot–controlled south and passes through the capital city of Nicosia.
Latest posts by Angie Thompson (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands - February 13, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: New Caledonia - January 9, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: French Polynesia - November 14, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, July 20th, 2015 at 2:19 pm and is filed under All Product Updates, CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.