CultureGrams — New Kids Country: Botswana
The CultureGrams editors are excited to announce a new Kids edition country report!
The new Botswana report includes detailed information on the history, culture, language, food, and daily life of this country.
Here are some fascinating Did You Knows about Botswana:
- The currency of Botswana is the pula, which means “rain.” This shows how precious rain is in Botswana.
- Botswana is one of the largest diamond producers in the world.
- The border between Botswana and Zambia is one of the shortest in the world—just 492 feet (150 m)!
- Most Batswana traditions refer to a supreme creator who lives in the heavens and works through the spirits of people’s ancestors. This creator is sometimes known as Modimo.
Latest posts by Angie Thompson (see all)
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: U.S. Virgin Islands - February 13, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: New Caledonia - January 9, 2017
- CultureGrams — New Kids Country: French Polynesia - November 14, 2016
This entry was posted on Monday, May 11th, 2015 at 2:45 pm and is filed under CultureGrams, CultureGrams Updates, Kids Edition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.